SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set

3 posters

Go down

Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set Empty Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set

Post  TomTwin Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:06

I'm thinking about using this set to convert a Revell Merlin HC3 to HC3A standard, and was wondering if anyone has used it before or knows any reviews of it at all?

Many Thanks in advance,

Tom

TomTwin

Back to top Go down

Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set Empty Re: Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set

Post  jamesv9820 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 23:11

Not my scale Tom - Seamus might have or Tom Sunley?
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set Empty Re: Heritage Aviation 1:72 Merlin HC3/A Detail/Conversion set

Post  Seamus Fri 19 Oct 2012, 03:49

Not used it either, but just did a quick Google and it looks OK. Not as crisp as some of the bigger names in aftermarket, but a lot better than some of his older stuff, which was pretty ropey TBH. I believe he used to do his own casting but has now outsourced it with improved results. It's pretty much your only option so probably worth a punt- much easier than upgrading it from scratch Wink
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  TomTwin Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:53

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I'll get one ASAP, then all that's left is getting a standard RAF letters and serials decal sheet for the codes and serials. I'm thinking Modeldecal MD036B ( also available as Xtradecal X72157 ). Looks good enough for the job!

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MD036B

TomTwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down