SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luftwaffe RLM colours

5 posters

Go down

Luftwaffe RLM colours Empty Luftwaffe RLM colours

Post  logster Thu 04 Oct 2012, 02:10

Hi All
For my birthday I was very kindly given the relatively new 1/48 Italeri Stuka B2 which looks like it will be a lovely kit Very Happy . My question is has anyone any thoughts on the best matches for RLM colours? I use mainly airbrushable acrylics like Tamiya. I have noticed that Vallejo mention RLM on their charts - are they any good?

Also i need a swastika for the tail as Italeri do not provide one with the kit - any thoughts on where to get a decent 1/48 decal?

All advice gratefully received

Matt

logster

Back to top Go down

Luftwaffe RLM colours Empty Re: Luftwaffe RLM colours

Post  scotthldr Thu 04 Oct 2012, 02:44

Xtracrylix do the RLM range as well, make sure they're thinned 60/40 thinners/paint or you may experience trouble spraying them. As for Vallejo they seem to get great reviews but like everything else personnel preference.

You can use the paint conversion charts pinned at the top of this section to help you out as well.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesv9820 Thu 04 Oct 2012, 07:10

this might help too:

RLM Conversion

As for Swastikas, hopefully this will help

Hannants Site
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Post  logster Thu 04 Oct 2012, 08:59

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at those.

Matt

logster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tedfellows Fri 09 Nov 2012, 08:57

Gunze do an amazing range of Luftwaffe RLM colours. Model Design Construction do the range, they are at most shows or I think Relish Models stock them?

Or Vallejo, these are an excellent alternative, but i've also heard Airfix releasing RLM colours in the future.

Adam
Tedfellows
Tedfellows

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad the Inhaler Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:35

I have been using Lifecolor acrylics lately and i'm happy with the results so far, you have to use their own thinners but everything cleans up with good old fashioned H2O

Realy handy chart here http://www.paint4models.com/paintchart/paintconversionchart20100101d.htm#
Vlad the Inhaler
Vlad the Inhaler

Back to top Go down

Post  logster Sat 10 Nov 2012, 02:05

Thanks for the further comments. In the end I went for Vallejo Model Air as I could easily get them down the road at a gamers model shop near me adn the colours seemes a good match. I have now sprayed them and the colours do look good and the paint went on well over Tamiya primer. But I found they clogged up the airbrush something chronic. I even thinned the last lot down (not supposed to be necessary) but still eben at 20psi it clogged. Still result is pretty good - decalling now so should get some pics up of the Stuka soon.

BTW, I have some Model Air Matte varnish to spray on soon - does anyone know about thinning that?

Thanks

Matt

logster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down