SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show

4 posters

Go down

27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show Empty 27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show

Post  logster Fri 12 Oct 2012, 08:59

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to the model show at Yeovilton? Thinking of taking the kids to the museum at some point anyway so why not combine it with a model show? If anyone has been let me know what it is like.
Thanks

matt

logster

Back to top Go down

27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show Empty Re: 27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show

Post  jamesv9820 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 09:07

Its the wrong side of the country for me - but I have heard it is a good show and in the museum so best of both worlds i would have thought!?
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show Empty Re: 27 October Fleet Air Arm Museum ModeL Show

Post  scotthldr Fri 12 Oct 2012, 09:23

I'm pretty sure that Shaun(Seamus) has been to and participated in a few of these, drop him a PM.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Sat 13 Oct 2012, 05:21

I have indeed attended the FAAM shows for the last few years, and they're usually pretty good. Generally, the Autumn show has a larger focus on RC models (last year, the whole of Hall 2 was dedicated to it) but there's always plenty of plastic models on displays and a healthy number number of traders to relieve you of your monies Cool If you're interested in RC, they also tend to put on a flying display around lunchtime.

I doubt I'll be attending this one as Locate and Cement who I display my models with are not attending either, plus I'm visiting the museum and Cobham Hall later that week. I'd recommend it though especially if you or your kids have never been before, kill two birds with one stone and visit what i think is the best collection of aircraft in the country Smile
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  logster Sat 13 Oct 2012, 08:55

Thanks for the advice. Think I will go as I haven't been to the museum for about 25 years (!) and the kids have never been. I reckon they will like the RC stuff too. IF i have the chance I'll take a few photos and stick them up here.
Matt

logster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down