SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anson Dio completed

2 posters

Go down

Anson Dio completed Empty Anson Dio completed

Post  mattlaker Tue 08 Jan 2013, 04:23

Hi all,

as some of you have seen in the WIP pages, I have been building an Avro Anson Mk.1 in memory of my grandfather, as well as in honour of all of the unsung heroes of training command during WW2. they worked just as hard to train the air crews of the UK and Commonwealth to fly, navigate, bomb and stay alive. My grandfather was stationed at RAF Wigtown initially, followed by a spell at RAF Bishops Court in NI, as a radio engineer on the Ansons. So here it is- the premise being that when the aircrews got home, their day was done, but the groundcrews would work long into the night to get the planes ready for the next sorties (and often going up with the aircraft as a gunner during the day, in case it was needed).

Anson Dio completed IMG_7587_zps8817ab6f
Anson Dio completed IMG_7584_zps1fd2ef9a
Anson Dio completed IMG_7586_zps8ed836e3
Anson Dio completed IMG_7585_zps3254b457
Anson Dio completed IMG_7579_zps1197a4db

thanks for looking!
mattlaker
mattlaker

Back to top Go down

Anson Dio completed Empty Re: Anson Dio completed

Post  scotthldr Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:30

Beautiful work Matt, great work on the glazing of the Anson and the 'Tilly' is weathered perfectly.

Probably your best work to date and the story behind it makes it all the more special .
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  mattlaker Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:06

Thanks Scott- praise indeed coming for you! It has now got pride of place on the mantlepiece (next to the lamp!) I am really chuffed by how well it came out- the figures (Revell- ex ICM) really look the part I think, and the Tamiya Tilly is such a great little kit. Kind of seeing this as an end of an era as opposed to the end of a build. Something a little simpler for the next one I think tho...
mattlaker
mattlaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down