SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I

5 posters

Go down

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I Empty 1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I

Post  Seamus Tue 13 Nov 2012, 23:18

Afternoon all,

Thought I should finally get round to posting some of my current work on here. My motivation has been all but non-existent over the past six months or so, having only managed little bits here and there on the various kits I have littered around the workshop. One such kit is this Horsa, which I'm building for a mate as present to his Grandfather. Not exactly an aircraft or kit to set the world alight, but it is at least pretty simple, which has helped me get back in the game over the last few weeks. Progress so far has seen the interior completed, just need to bring it all together now. There's bugger all space in there for noseweight, which will be interesting, but hopefully I can pack enough under the cockpit and forward fuselage flooring to keep her on all three wheels.

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I IMG_8082

Once it's all buttoned up, she should come together pretty quickly.

Thanks for looking,

Shaun Smile
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I Empty Re: 1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I

Post  jamesv9820 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 23:22

Look forward to seeing this one Shaun..

Love your photography too

jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I Empty Re: 1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I

Post  Abhorsen Wed 14 Nov 2012, 06:25

A lovely interior green finish to this and as James says the quality of the photo also makes this look special.

Are you presenting it to represent a particular operation during WW2? I only ask as there may be a variance in the top wing invasion stripes?

Ab

Abhorsen

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Wed 14 Nov 2012, 21:45

Cheers guys Smile

I'll simply be building it as it comes. AFAIK there's no demand for a particular aircraft; my brief was to build it as a Mk.I with everything opened Cool
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  scotthldr Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:46

As said an interesting subject which I'm sure will receive your usual high standard of modelling skills.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Fri 07 Dec 2012, 09:11

I hope so mate! Very Happy

Been working on and off this since the last update, but with a little over two weeks to get it done, I've pulled the finger out this week and got it largely assembled, though not without it's problems. The major joins required plenty of sanding to get them flush, and in my haste, I made a bit of a mess of it, as revealed by my primer coat. Worse than that, the rear fuselage decided to tear itself off during sanding too! The major seams were also pretty prominent, so after rubbing the primer back, I gave them the CA and talc treatment before a more thorough sanding and smoothing before re-priming. Annoyingly, some of the seams are still pretty prominent, and the lower fuselage seems to have split as well during sanding.... I shall super glue the join back together before more yet more CA and talc and sanding. Here's where she's at at the close of play today:

1/72 Italeri Airspeed AS.51 Horsa Mk.I IMG_8114

Hopefully I can have her looking respectable and ready for paint at the weekend. The eagle eyed will notice she's a tail sitter-- I simply couldn't get enough weight in the limited space available, though the kit does come with a two-part stand, so it's not the end of the world.

More soon...

Shaun Smile
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  TomTwin Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:27

Excellent work mate, great to see you back in the swing of things! Very Happy

TomTwin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down