SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Soviet jet models

3 posters

Go down

Best Soviet jet models Empty Best Soviet jet models

Post  davidm Sat 29 Sep 2012, 07:10

I would'nt mind a soviet jet or two in 1/72.

Su27 for example

David

davidm

Back to top Go down

Best Soviet jet models Empty Re: Best Soviet jet models

Post  Seamus Sat 29 Sep 2012, 07:52

Trumpeter's new series of Flankers are by all accounts very good indeed. I've not built one myself, but did have a look in the box, and it's pretty nice. I have built Revell's boxing of the Hasegawa kit, which is also quite nice, if a little simplistic in places (I added an Eduard zoom set for the cockpit and some Aires exhausts)

Best Soviet jet models IMG_4780

Hase have also recently released an Su-33 naval Flanker, which is also very good, if rather expensive.

Fujimi do a decent MiG-21, as do Revell I believe for the earlier variants. Otherwise, it's rather slim pickings. There are some OK kits, Zvezda MiG-31 and Dragon Su-24 for example, but really there's a real shortage of definitive kits of aircraft such as the MiG-23, -25, -27, -29, -31 and Su-22, -24 and -25. Trumpeter are pretty good for scaling their larger scale stuff down, so hopefully we'll eventually get a decent Flogger and Fencer from them.
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesv9820 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 08:57

One of the guys at my local model show was selling a Tu-95 Bear in 72 scale for £35!

A bit big I know but even I was tempted!
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Sat 29 Sep 2012, 09:31

Ah, didn't even think about the bombers! I have Trumpys Bear, Blackjack, Backfire C and Badger in the stash, as well as a completed Backfire B, and they're all very nice indeed. You can get them relatively cheap if you know where to look- I got the Backfire C for £30, Blackjack and Bear for £40, but you do need plenty of space to store them when complete, they're far from small! Cool
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down