SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New section suggestion

5 posters

Go down

New section suggestion Empty New section suggestion

Post  Tom Sunley Wed 19 Sep 2012, 17:59

Hey guys, would it be an idea to have a section for real aviation photography. I find on other sites that you can get some ideas for models and also some weathering hints for your models.

Tom

Tom Sunley

http://www.tomsaviation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

New section suggestion Empty Re: New section suggestion

Post  jamesv9820 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 19:37

I think it would be a good idea, but well run it by Scott first!

There is a reference section, but I presme youa re on about Aviation shots such as your photos from Lossie?
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sunley Wed 19 Sep 2012, 19:50

not just my shots but yes. Real aircraft, close ups of areas, museum stuff, walkarounds etc

Tom Sunley

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Thu 20 Sep 2012, 07:54

I'd approve of this too, got plenty of shots to share Cool
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Fri 21 Sep 2012, 07:52

Just to clarify, is this an aviation photography section you mean, or a walkarounds/inspiration/detail shots thread?

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sunley Fri 21 Sep 2012, 07:55

Both Craig. Photgaphy can let you see how to go about modelling your subject in whatever stage of flight. Which control surfaces have moved to where, gear doors etc. The walkaround stuff is pretty self explanitory.

Tom Sunley

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Sep 2012, 20:33

A dedicated "aviation photography" section, wasn't something that I had planned for this forum as the emphasis from the outset was scale aviation modelling. However I totally agree with the fact that photographs are important when it comes to reference material before and during building.

I'll have a think over the weekend on how to implement this, but a dedicated section is unlikely for the time being.

Regards
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.splashonemodelling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Sep 2012, 01:34

Ok, after much thought on the subject of a dedicated "Aviation Photography" section I have spent the weekend mulling things over and have came to the following decision.

The aim of Splash One Modelling.com is to provide help and advice to it's members in a friendly and easy to use forum, this can be either in the way of questions and answers in the respective sections, constructive criticism on WIP's and finished builds or by providing Reference material, of which Tom has quite rightly said photographs of the actual subjects are invaluable. However as this forum was set up purely as a modelling forum, a dedicated "Aviation Photography" section of people's trips around the bases, low fly areas and airshows etc etc..... is not something I want to include(at the moment).

However and going back to the "invaluable" statement above, I want to encourage members to post their photographs if they provide reference and won't stop or delete any useful photographs that are put into the "Reference" section under the correct headings.

For instance if ALL pictures of the Tornado regardless of variant could be posted in one thread under the heading Panavia Tornado, this thread would then be the sole thread for all photographic and written reference material on all the Tornado variants. Everything Typhoon would been in another thread and there is already a dedicated F-16 thread up and running to show you what I mean. Any photographs deemed not to provide useful photographic reference will be deleted by the Moderators and the poster will be notified into why that decision was taken for future postings Also if you have been on a trip to Japan for example, then all aviation photographs could be placed under a "Japanese Military" thread within the Reference section similar to the Hellenic Armed Forces already in use, this will mean that some subjects may well qualify for two different threads, but please only post in one. If you're not sure which one just ask.

I know several of you are just as much into Photography as you are your Modelling so feel free to post links to your own websites or Flicker/Photobucket albums etc etc...

Regards

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.splashonemodelling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down