SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING**

4 posters

Go down

1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING** Empty 1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING**

Post  scotthldr Thu 13 Sep 2012, 05:21

Seen on the HLJ webpage, for all those that build in boys scale Wink

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGE40
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING** Empty Re: 1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING**

Post  Seamus Thu 13 Sep 2012, 05:47

I think you've mistaken the word boys for God.... Wink

Regardless, it looks pretty good, though I suspect the airbrake will be a PITA to fit closed, just like the Revell kit. It'll also be undoubtedly far more expensive than the Revell kit....
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING** Empty Re: 1/72 Hasegawa EF Typhoon **NEW MOULDING**

Post  scotthldr Thu 13 Sep 2012, 06:00

Shaun you're still getting mixed up between your scales 1/48 is God's scale Smile

The price from Japan is around the £20 mark ex postage, and I think the Revell version retails about £12? So yes considerably more expensive, so the question is can they justify it?
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Thu 13 Sep 2012, 06:23

We could do the scale banter all day! Razz

I'm guessing that £20 is via HLJ? So it'll be frighteningly expensive when it hits the shop shelves, around the £35 I'm guessing. Obviously it'll be state of the art- the Revell kit is decent but getting a bit long in the tooth- but whether anyone can say it's worth the extra £20+ I'm not so sure....

With a bit of luck, I'll get this for review so won't have to pay for it! Very Happy
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  davidm Wed 19 Sep 2012, 03:04

I'll be interested to see what it's like. I think the Revell ones are great.

Really what i'd like to see is a Good version of Tornado Gr4/A released some time soon that don't cost the earth.

davidm

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Thu 20 Sep 2012, 05:42

To be honest, bit surprised they've gone for the Typhoon over a good Tornado here, the Revell Typhoon, a few fit issues aside, is a rather good kit, and with the price this'll come in at I'm not sure where the market will be...

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down