SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shaun's selection

+4
Craig
jamesv9820
scotthldr
Seamus
8 posters

Go down

Shaun's selection Empty Shaun's selection

Post  Seamus Mon 10 Sep 2012, 07:25

Evening lads,

Thought I'd share a handful of my favourite builds from the last few years. Nothing I suspect you won't have seen before, so you'll just have to indulge me! Very Happy

First up, Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR.3.

lShaun's selection DSCF6189

I built this nearly four years ago now, when I was still very much learning the trade, but it was a hugely important model as I learned so much from it. I added a heritage cockpit, seat and wheels, which were my first experience of using resin, as well as some rudimentary scratchbuilding in the airbrake well and intake blanks. Sadly, this model hasn't survived a couple of moves particularly well, suffering some damage.

Next, Revell 1/72 Tornado GR.1. A great little kit which I had a lot of fun building.

Shaun's selection DSCF6635

Some naval stuff next, Hasegawa Skywarrior, Tamiya Skyray, Trumpeter Wyvern and Hasegawa F/A-18F. The Hornet was another milestone build for me, as I braved slicing and dicing the control surfaces to reposition them in the drooped position.

Shaun's selection DSCF0315

Shaun's selection DSCF0376

Shaun's selection DSCF0699

Shaun's selection DSCF1200

Luftwaffe aircraft are some of my favourite to model as their complex camouflage schemes offer a challenge. My first really successful attempt at a winter distemper scheme came with this Revell./Hasegawa He-111. Had a lot of fun with this one!

Shaun's selection DSCF1104

More naval stuff now and a couple of excellent academy kits; the Crusader and Helldiver

Shaun's selection DSCF1387

Shaun's selection DSCF1054-1

And a NSW Harrier GR7A. Revell/Hasegawa kit with just about everything thrown at it- Aries cockpit and wheel wells, aeroclub seat, quickboost airbrake, even a lamp, which sadly fell on the model causing a fair amount of damage! Sad

Shaun's selection DSCF1193

Hasegawa Hawkeye, my second published build on SAM.

Shaun's selection SAM_Hawkeye_22

One of my proudest builds, this Spitfire and Hurricane were built as a commission for a trophy to be presented at the Royal international Air Tattoo. It (hopefully!) now resides on the desk of former F-22 display pilot 'Max' Moga Cool

Shaun's selection IMG_4223_edited-1

Another SAM build was the monsterous Trumpeter Backfire. Awesome aircraft, awesome kit, though no without its niggles.

Shaun's selection IMG_1807_edited-1

Another monster in the shape of the BV 222 Wiking, built for the Splash Sig at SMW 2010

Shaun's selection IMG_6146

Another couple of Harriers (did I mention I like Harriers?!) both courtesy if Airfix. Sea Harrier FA2 and the throughly excellent GR.9, another SAM build

Shaun's selection IMG_7742_edited-1

Shaun's selection IMG_8791

Also built for SAM were tidy little Airfix Sabre, the excellent Cyber Hobby Meteor and the supreme Academy Raptor, possibly the finest 1/72 kit I've built.

Shaun's selection Sabre6

Shaun's selection IMG_8787

Shaun's selection IMG_4759

Mottling in 1/72 can be challenging, especially on something as small as a 109. Was good fun on this Tamiya kit.

Shaun's selection IMG_0097

A slightly different test of patience was masking the splinter scheme on this Revell/Hasegawa Flanker....

Shaun's selection IMG_4780

That was a walk in the park compared to masking this however!

Shaun's selection IMG_9288

Originlly built for SMW 2011, he also found his way into SAM, as did this lovely, if slightly off-looking Cyber Hobby Sea Vixen.

Shaun's selection IMG_9370_edited-1

2012 has been apretty lean year for me, with only four finished builds, including the absolutely awesome Eduard Hellcat and the tidy little Airfix Spitfire Mk I.

Shaun's selection IMG_9556

Shaun's selection IMG_7575

If you've stayed with the thread to this point, congratualtions A lot there i know, but hopefully it gives a flavour of the sort of stuff I've built over the past four years or so.

All comments welcomed,

Shaun Smile

Last edited by Seamus on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 08:34; edited 1 time in total
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Shaun's selection Empty Re: Shaun's selection

Post  scotthldr Mon 10 Sep 2012, 07:37

Everyone a belter Shaun, looking forward to seeing lots more of your work on here.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesv9820 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 07:53

Some crackers on there Shaun, always been a fan of your work.

Welcome aboard!
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig Mon 10 Sep 2012, 08:15

What a superb collection of builds. Considering my attempts with painting these masterpieces are definately food for thought! king

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Thu 13 Sep 2012, 06:46

Thanks guys, very kind Cool

As I said, my modelling has taken a bit of a hit this year, with a lack of motivation, and few finished builds as a result. However, with the airshow season drawing to a close, I'm hoping the spark will reignite somewhat and I'll get back into the groove again Smile
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan214sqn Thu 13 Sep 2012, 07:47

lovely builds, love the Harriers, im a huge fan of the FA2, gotta do one of those at some point
Dan214sqn
Dan214sqn

Back to top Go down

Post  logster Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:36

What glorious models - I have a lot o fpracticing to do before getting anywhere near these! Particularly love the HArriers - the airfix gr9 looks great.
Matt

logster

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad the Inhaler Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:42

Every one a winner Wink I like the Wyvern and have one on my "to do" list Cool
Vlad the Inhaler
Vlad the Inhaler

Back to top Go down

Post  mattlaker Fri 14 Sep 2012, 07:25

Not seen a couple of those before! Talk about a tough masking job tho... Twisted Evil Cracking job, every last one of them!
mattlaker
mattlaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum