SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Please take 5 mins to register your details in order to enjoy the full benefits of SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
SPLASH ONE MODELLING.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you buy your kits?

5 posters

Go down

Where do you buy your kits? Empty Where do you buy your kits?

Post  Vlad the Inhaler Sun 09 Sep 2012, 03:30

Do you like to support your local model shop or do you prefer to find your next model on t'internet?

Personally i like the freedom to shop around electronicaly for the best prices and the thrill of a bargain on t'bay. Having said that i always visit my local model shop in Preston for paints and advice and usualy while i'm there i'll have a browse at the kits.
So, i suppose i do both - its nice to have choices Wink
Vlad the Inhaler
Vlad the Inhaler

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy your kits? Empty Re: Where do you buy your kits?

Post  scotthldr Sun 09 Sep 2012, 03:41

On line or second hand through other members on the different forums. With kits becoming ridiculously expensive( ok they have been for some time now) it really does make sense to try and get them as cheap as you can.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  Vlad the Inhaler Sun 09 Sep 2012, 03:49

I agree about prices these days, i recently bought one of these Where do you buy your kits? Img_IT1273

after looking round the net, most shops were asking silly money but managed to find a shop with JUST one for £16 Very Happy
Vlad the Inhaler
Vlad the Inhaler

Back to top Go down

Post  jamesv9820 Mon 10 Sep 2012, 08:25

I mainly buy from my LHS as it is a good one with the exception of and 32nd scale model kits & Gunze paints; I get those from ModelsRGo.com.

Always good to support your local stores and keep them in business
jamesv9820
jamesv9820

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Mon 10 Sep 2012, 08:43

I try to buy as much as I can from modelsforsale.com. Vince is a bloody good bloke and has become a good friend of mine, offering superb service. I can't praise him enough, and I don't think I've read a bad comment about him anywhere on the internet either. Thoroughly recommended.

If Vince hasn't got what I need, then I tend to go for Hannants. Their range is unrivaled, and their service has improved drastically since they updated their website a couple of years ago. They're also pretty much the only place I can get my preferred Xtracolor paints.
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  scotthldr Mon 10 Sep 2012, 17:52

As said above kits and accessories from any source that has them for a reasonable price. Paints and supplies from Wonderland Models in Edinburgh another main stockist for Xtracolor . I've dealt with ModelsRGo a couple of times and can't fault their service although stock was a little thin on the ground, but John will go out of his way to get what you need.
scotthldr
scotthldr

Back to top Go down

Post  davidm Wed 19 Sep 2012, 00:11

I try to buy from the LMS if I can. in my area they seem to be vanishing. Plus i've been buying from there as long as i can remember

davidm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum